Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thing #7b - Personalizing the QOTD

One of the edublogs I have discovered during this course is RAMS English; a middle school English teacher with lots of interesting and informational posts! I especially like this post from the other day. He shares how he assigns each student a day (throughout the entire year each of my 150 students should all get a chance to participate at least once) to choose a quote and write it on the objective board to be seen throughout the day. He has a book for them to choose from, and will allow them to bring their own as long as he pre-approves them. Sometimes they spur quick-writes in the journals, other times a class discussion, and some are humorous while others are serious. 

I loved that it gave each of his students a chance to express themselves in a small way for that day, in a way that all their peers could experience as well. I think this is a great idea to get my kids talking, thinking, and expressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!