Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thing #18 - You too can YouTube!

Fortunately, navigating YouTube is one of the 23 Things that I am actually pretty familiar with! Woo hoo! I use it whenever I can to pull videos in class... my kids LOVE it! I used the video below (and a couple other similar ones) to help tie together figurative language devices and pop culture... it was one of their favorite lessons all year!





"TheMrWasko" has several similar videos like this on YouTube to use in the classroom!


We also used YouTube just the other night to help us in the kitchen. We were making teriyaki chicken for the July 4th holiday and my husband and I had never broken down a whole chicken before... YouTube to the rescue!





When browsing for this "Thing", I also came across the following video about middle school that I thought was cute and a little bit funny...





I didn't know much about TeacherTube until today, so it was fun spending some time browsing around in there. I loved that I could search for something like "writing" and it would give me all sorts of videos to browse through related to teaching writing. I saved TeacherTube on Delicious so I could revisit it later! It seems like it will be a great source of information for my classroom!

1 comment:

  1. The greatness of Youtube!!! I taught myself to make tamales and french braid hair via Youtube!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!