Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thing #17 - Podcasting

image source

Before this course, I had very little experience with podcasting. I use iTunes regularly, so it was pretty easy for me to navigate finding new podcasts that way, and I also enjoyed exploring the examples on the 23Things Wiki page. I have to admit, thought, listening to podcasts has NOT been my favorite objective in this course. I am more of a speed reader, someone who  prefers to scan an article to find the information that I am seeking. I really didn't enjoy listening to strangers drone on about things that I may or may not even care about before getting to the point of their podcast. I obviously found a little more common ground and interest in the English/Reading podcasts. I enjoyed Just One More Book... a site where a couple reads children's books and then shares their reviews in their podcasts. I also found value in Merriam Webster's word of the day podcast. I don't know how often I will actually listen to podcasts, but I did subscribe to several in my Google Reader. Maybe I can try playing them in the background while I do other work and see if that works better for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!