Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thing #22 - Social Networking in Education

image source

Classroom 2.0 is one of those resources that I will have to visit several times and will discover something new with each visit! I love that it is a network of educators, all looking for ways to better teach their students. I do think that it is important for us as teachers to include a "professional learner's network" in our toolkit and sites like Classroom 2.0 is a great resource to do just that!


I really hadn't ever considered social networking as an educational tool before this course, and that is something truly valuable that I will take away from 23 Things. In another course I am taking this summer, I also had to explore a site called Edmodo. It is a site very similar to Facebook, but much more secure. You can set up groups for your classes and give them the code, and there's even a way for parents to log in as well! I have learned so many things to work with and consider using in my classroom this Fall, and I am excited about the possibilities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!