Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thing #14 - Discovering Web 2.0

I was pretty pleased to scroll through the list of Web 2.0 tools and find that I was familiar with several! I LOVED Picnik (since I also use Picasa) and was really sad to see it go (April 19th of this year, Google shut it down)! It was a great site to customize photos, add filters and text, and share photos (think of Instagram, except for your browser instead of your phone). I also played around a bit with Wordle! I have actually heard fellow teachers refer to a "wordle" and felt silly that I didn't know what it was! Now I do! I loved that not only could I create my own, I could save it to a gallery, share it with friends, and view other people's creations as well! JigZone was also so much fun!! I loved being able to upload my own photos and turn them into a puzzle! I was even able to take a photo of my nephew and I, turn it into a "photo postcard" for him, and them email it to him for him to open and complete on his birthday yesterday! How cool is that? You can even compete with other users to see who can complete a puzzle the fastest! It's obvious just looking at this small list that there are so many ways that Web 2.0 can benefit me personally AND professionally!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!