Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thing #4 - Reading!

It's easy to lose yourself in these blogs... a good comment from a reader sends me looking for their blog to read more about them, which links me to another blog they follow, and the next thing I know I have been surfing the Blogger net for hours! I spent most of my time over  here reading about why this particular teacher doesn't assign homework. The comment feed was AMAZING! I love how such a controversial subject can spur discussions like this online and can direct me to other "like" thinkers. We learn from each other, and doing that in the blogosphere is a pretty cool thing. 


I also spent some time looking at Patrick's blog. As an avid personal blogger, I am very interested in how my students would benefit from being able to express themselves in this type of forum, as well as comment on each other's writing. I know it would also give me the opportunity to give feedback to my students directly, which is very exciting to me! It is so difficult to give one-on-one feedback to my students about their writing with 30+ kids in a 50-minute class period. Having 147 students to work with becomes much easier when their newest writing pops up in my Reader to view whether they are sitting in my classroom at that moment or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!